Host Family Requirements
Apex Professional Exchange screens for host families that, in addition to seeking care, will treat their care professional like a family member and include her/him in family activities. We believe both families and care professionals benefit from a safe and supportive environment that reinforces intercultural understanding and exchange.
In order to participate in one of Apex Professional Exchange’s care programs all host families must meet the following criteria:
- Have at least one child between the ages of 3 months and 17 years, or an adult with special needs
- Participate in a family interview with Apex Professional Exchange
- Provide two references
- Provide Police Check certification
- Have the financial resources to pay for expenses associated with hosting a care professional
- Be available for monthly follow up calls/visits from an Apex Professional Exchange Area Director.
Host families agree to provide their care professional with the following:
- A comfortable, private bedroom, meals and access to a bathroom
- Car insurance coverage (if the care professional will be driving)
- No more than 10 hours of care per day and no more than 40 hours of care per week
To learn more about program regulations, please contact Apex Professional Exchange at 1800 854 262.